cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access to Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1) - Subscribers webpage gives a red cross over the "media master control bar".

Hi,

When I (in our Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1) installation) try to access the remote webpage to administrate subscribers, I can logon and fine use the administration part of the webpage.

But if I choose a subscriber and press the "Profile" link, I get the following error messages:

Your browser is not configured properly.

The Media Master Control Bar has not loaded correctly; you will see a red X in its place, and will be unable to play/record audio through this screen.

To correct the problem, set your browser to download and run ActiveX controls.

More information is available in the Cisco Unity System Troubleshooting Guide.

(I have attached a .pdf file with the error message).

I have no local administrator rights on my XP pro. computer with Internet Explorer 7, only normal user rights, and if I grant my self temporally local administrator rights, I can download and install the ActiveX component and use the Media Master Control Bar, but I do not want do to this on all the computers that need access to the webpage.

Do you know any way how I can automatic import the ActiveX component in the Internet Explorer 7, so it is possible to administrate the subscribers?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adrian Sims
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl-Marius,

This may help - it worked for me.

I had to go into the c:\commserver\web directory on the Unity server and copy the file MediaMas.CAB to MediaMasENG.CAB (this is for an English UK install), overwriting the original MediaMasENG file.  I noticed that the date stamp on the files within the CAB were for 2009, whereas those in the original MediaMasENG.CAB file were dated 2006.  My guess is that you would need to do this for any languages installed, appending the appropriate three letter country code after 'MediaMas'.  There was no need to restart the server or any services, it worked as soon as I next opened the web page.

Hope this helps

Regards

Adrian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I found a way to get it to work, not precisely the way I wanted, but close:

Give the computer temporally local administrative rights and open the webpage (http:\\10.10.2.138\web\sa) and install the ActiveX plugin.

Give the end-user a voicemail and grant the voicemail account the "Silkeborg_COS_Admin" after the "Class of service:".

On the local computer, add the "http:\\10.10.2.138\web\sa" webpage to secure webpages in Internet Explorer 7.0 (the "media master control bar" do not work in Firefox 3.6.3 )

Remove the temporally assigned local administrative rights given to the computer, and log on as normal, and use the AD-account, when the webpage asks for authentication.

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Adrian Sims
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl-Marius,

This may help - it worked for me.

I had to go into the c:\commserver\web directory on the Unity server and copy the file MediaMas.CAB to MediaMasENG.CAB (this is for an English UK install), overwriting the original MediaMasENG file.  I noticed that the date stamp on the files within the CAB were for 2009, whereas those in the original MediaMasENG.CAB file were dated 2006.  My guess is that you would need to do this for any languages installed, appending the appropriate three letter country code after 'MediaMas'.  There was no need to restart the server or any services, it worked as soon as I next opened the web page.

Hope this helps

Regards

Adrian

This has been a fairly common solution (noted above) so I'd give that a shot.  It's also time to start thinking of migrating off of Unity 4.x (End of Life) and over to Unity Connection.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: