ISG - IP SESSIONS FAILING TO OBTAIN IP ADDRESS (DHCP)

Unanswered Question
Apr 27th, 2010
User Badges:

I have the following issue..... I have an activation service restriction with one kind of wireless CPEs in the network.  These CPEs have to download some frequencies and othe stuff before starting the IP Session therefore they first are accesing the network through subinterface Y.  Once this update has been done they switch to the second frequency and now trying to access the network through subinterface X (ISG enabled).  The issue is that I only have an accounting policy but the CPEs are not been able to get an IP address from the DHCP server while any CPE that is directly connected to subinterface X (not switching from Y to X) gets connected ok.

the following error appears in the DHCP debug.

Apr 27 01:20:38.660 Horario: DHCPD: htype 1 chaddr 001e.5abb.1c0e
Apr 27 01:20:38.720 Horario: DHCPD: input i/f override GigabitEthernet0/1.X for client
Apr 27 01:20:38.720 Horario: DHCPD: DHCPOFFER notify setup address Z.Z.Z.Z mask 255.255.255.0
Apr 27 01:20:38.724 Horario: DHCPD: Can't flag address Z.Z.Z.Z for termination - no binding found

While reviewing the ip dhcp bindings. There is one entry present for the CPE with the IP address used in the first stage (subinterface Y update process).

Does anybody have an idea of what can I do to solve this issue?

Regards,

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion