Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Feature VS Avaya

haaris.baig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a customer interested in buying the UC520, however he has seen a feature in Avaya similar to Meet Me. First of all he wants to have the authentication when the participents are calling in & secondly he dont want somebody to be physically present in there office to initiate the Meet Me Conference.

Can it be done with UC520 or we need to give him some other solution specially for Conferencing similar to what Avaya & Nortel are providing.

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Now this is a damn good question, i have been pondering over this same one as well myself for the last week and a bit, in a meeting the other day i got trumped because i couldnt answer this exact question, might have even lost the deal because of that.

I am not aware of any way to have authentication on the system like Avaya has, i have worked with a couple of Avaya systems and each time i was like DAMN i wish the UC's had this feature, and then i was LIke i wish the Avaya had this feature from the UC.... I have learnt you cant win them all :(

I wait for the answer, i hope Cisco have an answer for this that ia favourable.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks alot David.

Let us wait for Cisco's reply, Infact I opened a case with PDI Helpdesk, however they responded me as:

" Hi Haaris Ali,

As of April 1st, 2010, Cisco PDI Help Desk will provide support for the UC 520 only and will require partners to have either the Master Unified Communication, Advance Unified Communications or Express Unified Communications Specialization. After April 1st, 2010, SMB Specialized partners should receive support on UC520 through the Small Business Support Community.

http://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/smallbizsupport

Additional details regarding this change can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/sell/smb/UC_Support_Model_Presentation.pdf

Thanks,

Amit Baid Mehta
-----
Cisco PDI Help Desk
http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

If there is a different solution simmilar to Meet Me Express or something third party which can be integrated with UC 520 will also be fine.

This can actually be done. You could use the following DISA teach tip to force callers to authenticate before dialing the Meet-me conference bridge number:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1400#Does_the_UC500_support_Dial_Inward_System_Access_DISA

In CME 8.0, there is a new Meet-me feature that allows you to keep a meet me conference up all the time, so an IP Phone conference creator is not needed. You could combine this with the above DISA tech tip to provide a more automated experience.

Let me know if you need additional help getting this to work.

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

In the last post you have advised

"In CME 8.0, there is a new Meet-me feature that allows you to keep a meet me conference up all the time, so an IP Phone conference creator is not needed."

can you please guide us how to configure it, we are facing a problem when the users are calling from external (PSTN) Meet Me Number is showing them busy unless somebody logs in from Internal IP Phone to the meetme.

Waiting

This may be what you're looking for-

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#conference meetme ?
  unlocked  Enable an unlocked MeetMe conference bridge.  All DN tags with the
            same number should have "unlocked" configured.  WARNING - unlocking
            the conference may allow unrestricted and uncontrolled access from
            external callers.

-Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: