WLC DHCP Bridging/Proxy

Unanswered Question
Apr 27th, 2010

Hi,

We have autonomous AP's and WLC infrastructure that use the same DHCP servers for the clients. On the WLC side some clients can't get an IP address, however on the autonomous side they can.

WLC code is: /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} 6.0.182.0

We have tried proxy & bridging mode but the same result.

A debug on the controller show the offers are being sent

However a packet sniff on the client doesnt show the offer arrving!

We suspect the client drivers to be at fault.i.e the framesare not being sent up the stack. But is there a way to prove this. If this was wired I could plug in a hub and sniff the traffic from another machine, is something simular possible on wireless? I can't go sniffing over the air, as all the traffic is encrypted anyway.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion