Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR in CUCM 7 limitatiom

Deer All ,

Is the CDR in CUCM 7 has same limitation of CDR in CCM 4 only 100 record ?

best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let's not confuse capabilities or issues here.  Your table displays the maximum number of CDR records that can be contained in the DB as well as the maximum size of the actual DB combined with what that equates to in terms of BHCA.  This means the CDR database can hold a TON of records.  However, you asked about how many records can be retrieved via the web interface - this is much different.  Essentially, for performance reasons your searches are truncated at 100 results.  Can you imagine how long it would take to retrieve let's say 10,000 records via the web if there happened to be 1 or even 2 million records (max) in the CDR database?  It would take an extremely long time - which equates to customers would complain about the speed at which CDR queries are returned.  So, it's a catch 22 for Cisco in that regard.  If you have more robust needs for CDR lookup, it would be in your best interest to look at a 3rd party CDR collection tool (e.g., Metropolis, Avotus, etc).  This would basically become a situation where you are offloading CDR's to a "billing server" and then you could search for whatever you needed to via the 3rd-party application.  At that point, you'd be limited to whatever the limitations are for searches within the 3rd party tool (likely greater than 100 records but not guaranteed).  So, long story short - if you're using the CDR tool on CUCM, it will truncate searches to 100 records so the Cisco recommendation is that if this doesn't work for you that you get more specific in your search criteria to limit potential matches - but this is still independent of what the CDR database can hold at max capacity.  The next recommendation is that if the inherent search tools don't meet your needs or are too limiting, then you need to consider a more robust 3rd-party CDR management tool.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Ibrahim,

Just to be clear, you mean the limit of 100 results on a HTML CDR search?

yes , that what i mean .

The answer to your question is YES.  Here is an excerpt to verify from the CUCM serviceability guide:

"If more than 100 records are returned, the system truncates the results.  You can search for calls by using specific numbers for the period that  you specify, which helps you trace calls that are placed from or to any  specific numbers for diagnostic or informational purposes."

Hailey

thanks David Hailey

but what about this table

Maximum Size of CDR Database

Version
Maximum Number of CDR Records
Maximum Size of Database
Maximum Aggregate Busy Hour Call Attempts (BHCA)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

2 million records

6 GB

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

1 million records

3 GB

Let's not confuse capabilities or issues here.  Your table displays the maximum number of CDR records that can be contained in the DB as well as the maximum size of the actual DB combined with what that equates to in terms of BHCA.  This means the CDR database can hold a TON of records.  However, you asked about how many records can be retrieved via the web interface - this is much different.  Essentially, for performance reasons your searches are truncated at 100 results.  Can you imagine how long it would take to retrieve let's say 10,000 records via the web if there happened to be 1 or even 2 million records (max) in the CDR database?  It would take an extremely long time - which equates to customers would complain about the speed at which CDR queries are returned.  So, it's a catch 22 for Cisco in that regard.  If you have more robust needs for CDR lookup, it would be in your best interest to look at a 3rd party CDR collection tool (e.g., Metropolis, Avotus, etc).  This would basically become a situation where you are offloading CDR's to a "billing server" and then you could search for whatever you needed to via the 3rd-party application.  At that point, you'd be limited to whatever the limitations are for searches within the 3rd party tool (likely greater than 100 records but not guaranteed).  So, long story short - if you're using the CDR tool on CUCM, it will truncate searches to 100 records so the Cisco recommendation is that if this doesn't work for you that you get more specific in your search criteria to limit potential matches - but this is still independent of what the CDR database can hold at max capacity.  The next recommendation is that if the inherent search tools don't meet your needs or are too limiting, then you need to consider a more robust 3rd-party CDR management tool.

Hailey

Thanks,Hailey

you explained to me carefully.

Deer all,

what is the best third party billing system give me more than 100 record on web search?

Well, I am not sure it is the "best third party billing system" but a few you may want to look at:

ISI: http://www.isi-info.com/Products/ifw/ifw.htm

These guys have been around for a long time. I first integrated their CDR package with Call Manager in 2001.

OfficeWatch: http://www.metropolis.com/callaccounting.html

I have not worked with this product yet, but my team is reviewing them and they appear to be a viable solution.

There are plenty of CDR billing companies to pick from. The above are just the ones I have looked at and like.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

thank you William Bell.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: