cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem: Getting an IP multicast message from a server to a client across a Cisco Aironet 1240 AG access point.

Kevin.Allen
Level 1
Level 1

A server is generating a multicast message to address 230.255.255.235.  A client is connected to the network through an access point.  The client is running an application that listens for the multicast message.   Will the access point support this protocol?  I have not been able to see the multicast data once the client is on the wireless network.  The client can see the data when wired to the network.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

Is IGMP enabled on the access point?

The box does support multicast see below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6521/prod_bulletin0900aecd8041ab07.html

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

Is IGMP enabled on the access point?

The box does support multicast see below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6521/prod_bulletin0900aecd8041ab07.html

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

The IGMP snooping helper is enabled.

Kevin

All,

I logged a ticket with cisco support engineers and they figured out the problem.  The engineer on the case suspected the web page inteface for the Access Point only touched the radio side of the snooping.  To correct the problem you must telnet or SSH into the device and issue the following commands.

Telnet CLI commands used:
AX04#show ip igmp snoop
AX04#conf t
AX04(config)#no ip igmp snooping
AX04(config)#exit
AX04# write memory
AX04#show ip igmp snoop

Thank you Kevin Allen!

Your answer worked perfectly for me!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card