Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail to generate EoL/EoS Hardware Report

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I tried to generate EoL/EoS Hardware Report through RME Report Generator. Even with correct cisco.com user name and password and correct proxy server configuration. It just keeps telling me it can't get data from cisco.com. I configured proxy server and port used in Common Service/Security. I tried to check the update for software to verify the proxy setting is correct. It didn't return any error. So the proxy setting has no problem.

Is there anything I missed? Thanks a lot!

Lou

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, but that is due to a bug I forgot to mention in the doc which is CSCta76147.

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

We are using proxy server to access cisco.com. So that means I need wait until the summer to get the patch for this issue, right?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, but that is due to a bug I forgot to mention in the doc which is CSCta76147.

Actually, it appears the patches mentioned in my doc do fix the two proxy bugs (despite the lack of documentation to that effect).  I am confirming with development, but if you haven't already downloaded, and installed the patch, go ahead and do so.

Thanks Joe. I'm applying the patch now. See what will happen. The stopping process is too slow.

After I successfully apply 4.30 patch to my ciscoworks. I restarted the server and then I got the below error when I tried to access the ciscoworks webpage. Is the patch still doing something? I restarted the daemon manager. It didn't help.

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance  downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

That doesn't make sense.  The patch would not affect the core services unless something catastrophic happened.  After restarting Daemon Manager, post the output of the pdshow command when it finally returns the process list.

Never mind. That is only slowness. I need wait for some time until the system fully works. I just checked the EoL report. It still doesn't work and tell me the same reason "Unable to get data from Cisco.com. Check Cisco.com connectivity. Try again later". It seems the patch doesn't fix the problem.

Post the invreports.log and the job log (from the job subdirectory under NMSROOT/files/rme/jobs/inventory/reports/jobs) after running the report job.

The log files are attached. I tried eol report at 08:08 AM. Thanks Joe.

This looks like a database issue.  Enable Inventory Reports debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, then reproduce the problem, and repost the invreports.log.

Here we go. updated invreports.log

This is showing a connection refused error.  It looks like your proxy is being configured, but there may still be an issue there.  First, make sure that the proxy server settings are 10.1.1.87:8080.  Then, get a sniffer trace of all TCP traffic from the LMS server while running the EOX report.  Post the sniffer trace file when the job fails.

Sorry for the late. I was able to capture the trace yesterday. Trace file attached.

Thanks. I see the cookie setup thing from the proxy server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco