Air magnet

Unanswered Question
Apr 27th, 2010
User Badges:

Hey Expert

kinldy help me  whenever i started to conduct Active survey i got this error on screen of airmagnet

This station has been dissociatetd from the AP

kinldy get me where i m making mistake

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Tue, 04/27/2010 - 15:45
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Was your airmagnet associated to the AP or sniffing the AP?  I recommend you use the latter.

rdvorak Wed, 04/28/2010 - 07:07
User Badges:

Hi, no leolaohoo propose to use the second option which is passive site survey were you only listen to the RF but not connect to the AP.

Kind regards,

Ron

mjohnson1914 Thu, 04/29/2010 - 07:53
User Badges:

Doing a passive survey is good in certain circumstances but if you were really looking to do a active survey and cannot associate then I would first look at your configuration ... did you set authentication on the AP and if so did you set that same authentication in AirMagnet?  Secondly, when doing an active suvey it's alwasy good to start close to the AP and start the survey without moving so that your laptop can associate and authenticate first then proceed.  Lastly, if your authentication isn't working then I would set the AP to open authentication and make sure that AirMagnet is setup the same way?

Actions

This Discussion