Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus line vty access-class

Muhammed AKYUZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On nx-os, it is not able to enter access-class command under line vty, is there another way to resrtict telnet / ssh users on nexus devices?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you are talking about Nexus 7000. In order to control SSH to vty like IOS, you have to configure CoPP in  the default VDC. There is an enhanced bug filed to correct this problem  in the later release - CSCsq20638.

Here is the example to allow ssh to the Nexus from 10.10.10.0/24 network

ip access-list copp-system-acl-allow

10 remark ### ALLOW SSH

20  permit tcp 10.10.10.0/24 any eq 22

30 remark ### ALLOW SNMP

40  permit udp 10.10.20.0/24 any eq snmp

... ... (to include snmp, NTP,  TACACS+, etc)

ip  access-list copp-system-acl-deny

10 remark ### this is a  catch-all to match any other traffic

20 permit ip any any

class-map  type control-plane match-any copp-system-class-management-allow

match access-group name copp-system-acl-allow

class-map type  control-plane match-any copp-system-class-management-deny

match  access-group name copp-system-acl-deny

policy-map type control-plane  copp-system-policy

class copp-system-class-management-allow

police cir 60000 kbps bc 250 ms conform transmit violate drop

class copp-system-class-management-deny

police cir 60000  kbps bc 250 ms conform drop violate drop

control-plane

service-policy  input copp-system-policy

HTH,

jerry

Hi,

Thanks for the answer but, control-plane does not come with configure. I want to use this command under vdc..

Please look at bug ID CSCsq20638, attaching access-list under line vty is not an option right now, the workaround is to use CoPP.

Regards,

jerry

bret.filipek
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the same issue. I have used the configuration you supplied and I still don't have any luck with this. I don't actually seeing the traffic hit my access-list. Am I doing something wrong here? I can paste the configuration, but it's going to look suspiciously like what you put out there.

If you want me to take a look, you can post it here. If you do post it, please put the output in a text file. Also, please indicate the host IP address you want to permit.

Regards,

jerry

OK, I will go in and grab the config here in a second. Although, while I am doing that can you tell me if the control-plane policing will affect traffic sent to the management interface? The reason I ask is that the only way I can get to this switch via the management interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: