cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual forking with OCS

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was hoping to see if anyone out there has been trying to get this to work or has it working or if there is a document for this yet.    Im not sure if is true dual forking or its really two different numbers.  Meaning, using Remote Destination Profiles.  So when someone calls x4000, it also rings x+4085554000 on the other end.

I know it was talked about being supported, but I was not sure if it is now working or is still in the cooker between OCS and CUCM.

Cheers!

10 Replies 10

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

See if this is the one you want?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns784/716742.pdf

I haven't tested it yet.  From my understanding, the "dual forking" was like you configure a "remote destination" for an IP phone.  So when sombody calls on your IP phone (office number), it'll ring the MOC.  Based on that, the IP phone and MOC should have two different numbers.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Yeah, I think I have seen this document. For whatever reason, I thought there was another way that if you rang x4000, it would ring x4000 on the OCS side as well. I only glanced at the document, maybe that is it. The extension on the Cisco phone is x4000 and the OCS +14085554000. The RDP profile think its external and rings it.

Hi

I thought it would be something more 'clever' as well - I recall on the old standalone MobilityManager you could use dual-mode Nokias as remote destinations so it doesn't seem like a major technical advance

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I thought true dual forking  not  RDP , was going to happen at CUCM7.X but I think it got dropped maybe in favor of the CUCI-MOC or Cookie-MOC. With Cookie-MOC life is made easier as it is a plugin into the OCS client. The OCS client works as before  but in reallity the Plugin is a Softphone with the same DN as your desk top so when ring,  both the Desk Phone and OCS will ring at teh same time . All call routing is done by CUCM as when you go off-hook you make use of the Plugin

Im very familiar with CUCIMOC. The trick comes with the customer has a spattering of Mediation servers and enterprise voice cooking on their network. They want the best of both worlds... OCS endpoint and cisco deskphone. The problem is that the CUCIMOC does not work outside the firewall. With OCS, you can simply fire it up and have a phone.

Good news is, Cisco is aware of the limitation and they are working on it.  It's called "Seamless Secure Access".  It'll allow CUCIMOC work outside firewall.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Yeah, I think I saw that in your ask the expert string. That will be huge

Hey Michael -

I went back and looked at this closer.... Im trying to figure out how they are doing this. 

In MOC, they have the number as +14155260008

In CUCM they have the line set to \+14155260008   (SNR profile associated to +14155260008)

Im trying to figure out how this works.... If a Cisco phone dials 14155260008   will it ring both lines?

It seems like it could work as dual forking, but starting at the OCS side first. (DID comes into OCS first, then Simul rings Cisco phone).   This piece I can understand.

The other end, Im trying to understand what the "\" is doing in the Line and how CUCM interupts this.

Cheers and hope all is well!

Hi

I guess they're just allowing SNR to MOC... which isn't a massive leap forward technically if so compared to doing it over Q931?

At any rate, \+ is just +, but escaped. It mentions this in the admin guide for CCM with regard to route patterns. I presume you'd have to have a route pattern to match that points over a SIP trunk to the mediation server or something? (Not read the guides yet, just guessing there)..

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.  Yeah it still looks like SNR but for some reason it looked more tricky.... I think it is still SNR, just using the / or + to make it look like a different number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: