Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we run mgcp and h323 protocols in a single voice 3845 gateway router

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to everyone,

It would be greatful if you guys guide me here pls..

Can we run both mgcp and h323 protocols in a single voice 3845 gateway router ?

thanks

shiv

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Siva

I don't believe I've ever read anything that recommends against this.

However I have seen customers with this setup, I'm not sure exactly what your trying to do but from experince the only issue I have ever seen with this is where there is srst configure using:  application mgcpapp

The reason is if you put a h323 dial-peer before the application mgcpapp dial-peer, it will never invoke the MGCP dial-peer as it looks from a top down order.

You may beable to change with this the dial-peer hunt however if you order your H323 dial-peer after the application mgcpapp
you shouldnt' have any issues.

View solution in original post

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

The MGCP autogenerated dial-peer prefix can be changed if so desired, ordinarily MGCP dial-peers are generated as 999????.  The following command allows you to change this prefix, however as already stipulated you need to be wary of the order in which they are created:-

ccm-manager config dialpeer-prefix prefix (select a prefix number other that the default 999)

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, this is done all of the time. Well, maybe not all of the time but enough to make it a common place configuration.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for your quick reply.But couldnt get a single document which illustrates such scenario.

Is it a recommended / advisable by Cisco ?

thanks

Hi Siva

I don't believe I've ever read anything that recommends against this.

However I have seen customers with this setup, I'm not sure exactly what your trying to do but from experince the only issue I have ever seen with this is where there is srst configure using:  application mgcpapp

The reason is if you put a h323 dial-peer before the application mgcpapp dial-peer, it will never invoke the MGCP dial-peer as it looks from a top down order.

You may beable to change with this the dial-peer hunt however if you order your H323 dial-peer after the application mgcpapp
you shouldnt' have any issues.

Oh;Ok.

Thank you so much guys for your quick update.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

The MGCP autogenerated dial-peer prefix can be changed if so desired, ordinarily MGCP dial-peers are generated as 999????.  The following command allows you to change this prefix, however as already stipulated you need to be wary of the order in which they are created:-

ccm-manager config dialpeer-prefix prefix (select a prefix number other that the default 999)

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: