If I log on the DMM 5.2 Application Administration Interface, I get an warning, that the root file system is reaching out of space.
WARNING: The File System "/" is reaching out of Space
I know, that I can extend the disk itself, but is there a way to extend the file system without root console login?
Here are some common reasons why you may see this error and
experience Hard Disk storage issues:
1. Location of Video Content & Presentations. This error can
occur if you STORE your content locally on the Digital Media Manager(DMM)
itself. For Best Practices, the Video Content ** SHOULD ** be stored on
2. The Logs files are excessive and the files are consuming the available
disk space on the DMM Server.
For Item #1
- You will need to move the Video Content to a Remote Server(s)
- Delete\Remove the Media Assets that are stored in the Media Library on
the DMM Server
- Create New Media Assets using the URLs for the Content stored on the Remote
For Item #2
For DMS 5.2
- Access the AAI for the DMM Server
- Select "Appliance Control"
- Select "Logging Options"
- Select "Clean_Logs"