Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding with voice mail

chowterry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with call forwarding and voice mail. The case is there are 2 numbers, 1111 and 2222 for example. Both of them have voice mail.

And 1111 forward all call to 2222, which is successful. The request is if 2222 did not answer the call for 1111, the call will forward to 1111 voice mail, which is the design of Cisco Call Manager. However, it is forward to 2222 voice mail if 2222 did not answer the call.

I have tried to check the check box of voicemail when "no answer/busy" but fail. How can I change back to the as design status?

Would you please help?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Terry Chow

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Terry

You can do this 2 ways.

telnet to the CUE:

Under configuration terminal and enter the following:

voicemail mailbox-selection {last-redirect | original-called}

Secondly go into the GUI via the ip address of the CUE.

I'm not 100% sure where this option is but you will need to check either the system parameter or VM defaults under voice mail.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi Terry

From what your saying it sounds like someone configured your Unity to using last redirecting number.

Unity 5.x Instructions

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

Called number

First redirecting number

Last redirecting number

Unity Connection 7.x Instruction

Connection can use either the first redirecting  number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting of the Use  Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call  check box on the System Settings > Advanced > Conversations page  in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

Please note this is a system wire parameter.

Dear Hoai,

Sorry that I can not find the configuration page you mention, I am using Cisco Unified Call Manager 7.0.2

Is it different from the system you mention?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Terry Chow

chowterry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Haoi,

I have try to access the Connection Admin page with https:///cuadmin but it return 404.

Would you please teach me how to enable it?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Terry Chow

Hi Terry

Are you using a Cisco Voicemail solution, because the configuration came from Unity 5.x and Unity Connection 7.x

Firstly you will have to tell me what your voicemail system software is, from what you have stated i'm lead to believe this may be another 3rd software entirely.

Regards

Hoai

Hi Hoai,

We are using CUE, that is the modules installed inside the Cisco 3825 router.

Thank you.

Hi Terry

You'll need to just browse to the IP address of the module : http://x.x.x.x

It's also very helpful if you post your version and exact software with your initial query - different versions of software (i.e. Express/non-Express versions) are often completely different products running on different operating systems and hardware.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Terry

You can do this 2 ways.

telnet to the CUE:

Under configuration terminal and enter the following:

voicemail mailbox-selection {last-redirect | original-called}

Secondly go into the GUI via the ip address of the CUE.

I'm not 100% sure where this option is but you will need to check either the system parameter or VM defaults under voice mail.

chowterry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using CUE 7.0 on Cisco 3825 router

THank you

chowterry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

The problem is fixed by Hoai command.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Terry Chow

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: