Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 - CDR error

Hello everyone--i'm new when it comes to full-blown CUCM so if this is something simple, please excuse my ignorance.

My company installed a CUCM with a pub/sub and LDAP integration in a Windows 2003 domain.  When one of the people try to go into CDR under serviceability, they get a pop-up with the following error "Mail id for 'CCMAdministrator' is not available."  That account was created before LDAP integration(not sure if it's default or what...) and they use it to access the CDR and configuration, etc.  I went in and cannot find where to put an email address or anything of the sort in for that account.  Please help because my client is getting cranky about seeing the error every time they get into CDR.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The error is being displayed because a mail id attribute value has not been defined for the user that is logging on ("ccmadministrator" in this case). You will want to look at two things. First, the mail parameters for CAR:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/car/carsycfg.html

Usually, I shut this error down by assigning a SMTP address to the mail ID field in the End User configuration page (in CCMAdmin). However, you can't assign a SMTP address to an application user and the "ccmadministrator" account is an application user. So, you are stuck here unless someone knows of a way to tell CAR to not worry about SMTP addresses.

Until then, my recommendation (in general) is that system admins should never use the "ccmadministrator" account to do their business. If possible, they should use individual admin accounts. This is best practice because if something were to go wrong you could audit the system and find out who botched up. If these user accounts were setup as standard end users then their mail id field would be populated by the AD DirSync process. Because of this, when they log on to CAR there would be no error message displayed (since the mail id value is set).

BTW, if you just want to give access to CAR then you can assign the end user ID to the " Standard CAR Admin Users" user group.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the info Bill. The mail server is setup properly, so I'll have to let the client know to use their AD account to manage things until someone can come up with another way to kill that error.

Scott Jones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: