I've configured auto attendant using Cisco Unity Connection. I need to create auto attendant for 3 sites. I've configured 3 call handler for each site, with different greeting and different extension number. But for 3 call handler, when outside caller press 0 (zero) button the call should be transferred to the operator. The difficulty is the extension number for each operator is different and i cannot create call handler Operator with the same extension number. For example : operator extension for site A is 6465, operator extension for site B is 7320, operator extension for site C is 8920.
Does anybody have any idea?
You are not required to provide an extension number to Call Handlers. Further, you can use the Caller Input menu to redirect callers when they press a zero. It will achieve the same user experience. It may be easier just to show you. See attached screen shots to follow.
1. Create a new call handler "SiteA-Operator". See attached cucaa1.jpg
- note that an extension is not required
2. Click on Edit and go to Transfer rules. You will see several rules. Since we are using the "All Hours" schedule, simply select the Standard transfer rule.
3. Edit the Standard transfer rule to tell the SiteA-Operator where it should send calls. See attached cucaa2.jpg
4. Open the SiteA-Attendant (I am just making up the name for this example). No need to modify the basic settings. See attached cucaa3.jpg
5. Click on Edit and go to Caller Input. See cucaa4.jpg
6. Click on "0" to edit the action mapped to the "0" digit when it is pressed by the caller. Modify the action to send the caller to the SiteA-Operator call handler and specifically select the "Attempt Transfer" option. See attached cucaa5.jpg
Now, you have other methods available to you. This method happens to be my preference because now you can use the SiteA-Operator as the "operator" or zero-out option for various call handlers or directory handlers. If you have need to change the extension, you do it in one place and you are done.
Please remember to rate helpful posts.
Message was edited by: William Bell Maybe it will let me add attachments now!