cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound call routing issue.

budmiller
Level 1
Level 1

A customer is having an issue with inbound call routing.  They are using a publisher and subscriber version 6.1.2 of Callmanager with 2811 routers as the voice gateways.  The Callmanagers sit at sites A and B and there is less than 20 ms round trip time between them.  At site C there is a 2811 router (12.4.11T) that has a PRI connection to the PSTN and is setup as a MGCP gateway.  The inbound calling search space on the PRI is set up to only look in one partition that only has translation patterns in it to translate the incoming DID numbers into the extensions. The telco is sending in 4 digits inbound. 

The problem arises when the customer changes the called party translation to redirect a DID to a different number.  When they change one of the translation patterns any inbound calls that would hit that translation pattern get a number out of service message from the Telco.  A debug isdn q931 on the gateway at the time shows a disconnect cause code of unallocated/unassigned number.  A reset of the gateway seems to fix the issue until another change is made.  The problem only effects the changed translation pattern, any unchanged translation patterns work correctly.

I have checked the database replication both in RTMT and by issuing the utils dbreplication status command from the CLI of both the pub and the sub.  In both it shows dbreplication is in a good state and there are no differences in the tables.  I also ran the dialed number analyzer with the same CSS as the inbound CSS on the PRI against one of the changed translation patterns and it shows it being routed to the correct extension.

Anyone have any ideas on which direction I should head on this?  Is it more likely to be a database related issue with the CMs or an MGCP issue?

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mmmm

CUCM1 -- CUCM2 -- GW

To which CUCM GW is registered?

The scenario and facts are not normal honestly dont have a logic explanation as one change may not be relate dto the other but fix the issue

"The inbound calling search space on the PRI is set up to only look in  one partition that only has translation patterns in it to translate the  incoming DID numbers into the extensions. The telco is sending in 4  digits inbound."

What extacly they change in the Translation pattern?

Can you give us an specific example for the CSS configured in GW

The change made of the TP

Which partition the TP is located

Which CSS the TP contains

Exact version of CUCM

To which CUCM the GW is registered

If you can give us CUCM SDI/SDL traces for all nodes including calling/called number and timestamps I can take a look and help you to decipher this one

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: