What is the correct size for the background image of the IP Phone 7942G?
I checked on two documents but i found different sizes.
The size is 320 x 222.
and this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7942g/7_0/english/administration/guide/7962cus.html
The size is 320 pixels (width) X 196 pixels
both in 4-bit grayscale
Which is correct?
I did this XML, but the phone can not find the image in TFTP:
<ImageItem Image = "TFTP: Desktops/320x196x4/TN-LOGO7942_80x49.png"
URL = "TFTP: Desktops/320x196x4/Itau_LOGO7942_320x194.png" />
<ImageItem Image = "TFTP: Desktops/320x196x4/TN-LOGO27942_80x49.png"
URL = "TFTP: Desktops/320x196x4/Itau_LOGO27942_320x194.png" />
Just a follow up to Allan's post (+5 Mr. Thomas) I put together a "cheat sheet" of sorts for the background image dimensions used by different phones. I have to update it with information on the gen-4 phones but you may find it helpful.
This is the one that I use:-
I typically following the Phone administration guide for the particular device when it comes to resizing images and have never had a problem. If you are unable to see the image to select on the IP Phone then you need to ensure three things:-
1. The images have been re-sized according to the guide, in this case:
The PNG files for background images must meet the following requirements for proper display on the Cisco Unified IP Phone:
- Full size image—320 pixels (width) X 196 pixels (height).
- Thumbnail image—80 pixels (width) X 49 pixels (height).
2. The XML List file and Images have been uploaded to the correct directory on each TFTP server in the cluster:-
3. The TFTP Service on each node in cluster has been restarted.
Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.