cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are possible causes for the following syslog message : Interface Vlanxx has no crypto engine slot?

jawill47ec
Level 1
Level 1

I'm receiving the following syslog message in a repeated fashion for 1 vlan on a 6500 platform that has a SPA card, SPA Carrier 400 (SSC-400):

%ACE-3-NOENGINESLOT: Interface Vlanxx has no crypto engine slot

The message is always of the same vlan.  This one vlan is one of a dozen vlans on the box, but the vlan reported via syslog is always the same.

thanks,

james

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Error Message    %ACE-3-NOENGINESLOT: Interface [chars] has no crypto engine slot

Explanation    An IKE SA was requested for a given interface, but no crypto engine slot was assigned to that interface. [chars] is the name of the interface that is missing the crypto engine slot command.

Recommended Action    Configure the interface in question with the crypto engine [sub]slot command.

Thanks for the reply.  I don't want to add configuration for this specific vlan because it should not participate in IKE similiar to the other dozen vlans that are not participating but not generating this system message. 

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm receiving the following syslog message in a repeated fashion for 1 vlan on a 6500 platform that has a SPA card, SPA Carrier 400 (SSC-400):

%ACE-3-NOENGINESLOT: Interface Vlanxx has no crypto engine slot

The message is always of the same vlan.  This one vlan is one of a dozen vlans on the box, but the vlan reported via syslog is always the same.

thanks,

james

Hi James,

Check out the below link for your error explanation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/sm2sx01.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card