Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't add Nexus 5010 to LMS 3.2

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to add two Nexus 5010 switches to a vanilla LMS 3.2 (RME 4.3, no device update), and I'm getting nowhere : I add the switch, enter the credentials, I click Finish, everything is normal up to here.

But the switch is not present in device manager, nothing about it in RME Jobs/ Inventory...

What log can I check to see what's wrong ? Couldn't find anything in dcr.log or rme.log...

Thank you!

Alex.

2 Replies 2

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Did you configure the nexus to use SNMP ?

Here is an exmaple:

snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 version 2c public
snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 use-vrf management

Also it would be a good idea to run the device package update to get the latest RME device support. Go to Common Services ---> Software Center --> Software Update --> Select all the applications ---> and Download Software Updates and then Common Services --> Software Center ---> Device Update --> Select all products --> Check for updates.

Rebooting the LMS server fixed the initial problem. Now I'm having an inventory problem with the Nexus, but I'll open a new thread for it.

Thanks!

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: