cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Exchange 2007

michele.russo
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity 5.0 in a failover configuration with Exchange 2007 partner and mail store servers.  Our Exchagne 2k7 servers are being patches with SP 2 in a few weeks.  I have the Exchange 2k3 system management tools installed on our Unity servers so I am not sure if we need to install this service pack or if there is any impact to our system if it is installed on our Exchange partner/mail servers.  Any assistance, specifically with installation documentation or best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michele Russo

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Exchange 2K3 System Management tools installed on the Unity servers should be fine.  Unless there is a patch directly related to the E2K3 tools (not Exchange 2007 itself) then I'd leave Unity as-is.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the response David.  Do you know where I can get the E2K3 management tools?  The Message store disks were not shipped to me when I placed the order and our Exchange team can not seem to find their copy.

Michele

Michelle,

Unfortunately, you need either the Message Store disc or a copy of the commercial Exchange 2003 CD/DVD to install the Sys Mgmt tools. If you are current on support for Unity, you should be able to use the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) on Cisco.com with a valid CCO login to order a replacement disc. I'd take a look there first if your Exchange guys can't muster up a copy of the disc internally.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!