cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 7.x sync issue

pcanters
Level 1
Level 1

I m running a BE CUCM and Unity Connection.

My users are defined in the end user pages os CUCM with a primary extension as well as an IPCC extension.

The users are then synchronized over to the Unity Connection for mailboxes.

My issue is that voicemail boxes start assuming the IPCC extension as the voicemail box rather than the primary extension.

I have to manually "sync" the usermailbox in Unity Connection to get the extension number to correct itself.

This seems to happen a lot without rhyme or reason.

has anyone run into this and/or have a fix ??

TIA

2 Replies 2

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

I have the same setup and have run into the same problem.  To avoid it, the agent extension is the last thing I configure.  I also doublecheck the extension after importing into Unity Connection.

It sounds like your users sometimes convert over from the primary extension to the IPCC extension in Unity Connection.  This has never happened to me.  My experience is that if the IPCC extension is set when the import takes place, Unity Connection may make the IPCC one the voicemail extension.  However, that doesn't seem to always be the case; sometimes it uses the primary extension.

Pretty frustrating.

I suspect a bug and will probably have to open a TAC case on it but it doesn't seem that anyone

else is really experiencing this.

I have seen this happen in multiple systems now, just not on a scale as large as this.

I really was expecting more people to also have experienced this

TIA