Level 1

whats the best way to route

calls on-net between gateways, on

1 cluster.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default calls that arrive thru gateways are classified as off-net so you would need to clarify and provide an example.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

currently i'm routing calls with translation patterns.

i have multiple remote offices, and to place calls

to each other i configure a translation pattern in location A and

place the css of the location B. All of my locations are connected

via our Wan. sorry if im not clear...new to this stuff.

If I understand you properly, you appear to be asking what the best dialplan design is within UCM for dialing between on-net sites. This answer has a whole chapter dedicated to it in the UCM SRND; however, if I make a long list of assumptions about your environment:

• Baring number overlap scenarios, each user's DN typically exists in a single partition such as Enterprise_PT.
  • When user A calls user B's extension the device-level CSS of user A includes the single Enterprise_PT. No translation is needed.
  • IF you have numbering overlap and need to use inter-site access codes (also explained in the SRND), then the DNs are configured in their fully qualified form and a single per-site translation pattern exists to expand intra-site abbreviated dialing to the full form.
    Example: 85551234 is the DN configured in UCM. Users are taught that 8 is the inter-site access code, 555 is the site code for site B, and 1234 is the user's four-digit extension at site B. Others at site B would dial 1234 and UCM would translate the intra-site call into 85551234.

Cisco Unified Communications System 8.x SRND - Dial Plan would be the best place to start here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: