Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VSS

patcbr600
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can any one tell me if in an envyroment with 2 cisco 6500 in a VSS system with the vss links on the sup and on a line card, if we remove the supervisor from  the stanby chassis, does that chassi will still work.

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

As long as you remove one link you are Ok but if you remove both VSL links once you reconnect them the primary will reboot.

So, with one you are fine

HTH

Reza

amar_5664
Level 1
Level 1

You mean to say if you remove the SUP engine from the chassis will that particular chassis work, it is like breaking the VSL link that chassis will not provide any functions but the other one will do the job.

VSS provides Interchassis SSO and NSF which means if one chassis/SUP dies other will do the job.

In this particular scenario i have the VSL link made with one link on the supervisor and another link  on one port on a 8x10G module, if for same reason i remove the standby sup from the chassis what will hapen to that chassis, will still work evem without the superviser/swichfabric-card.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card