Route-map and

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi All,

I have one hub router X on which my 2 mpls links are terminated. Let say ISP A and ISP 2.

I am running OSPF with ISP A and static routing with ISP B.

at remote location I have single router and both MPLS are connected to same router. NOw I have made
ISP B primary with static routes but from that subnet defined in static route I have given a static route toward ISP A for one host with 32 bit mask. Now that single pc is going through ISP A. but from hub side I have one static route toward ISP B for location lan. I am tracking that with sla so if that static route will fail ospf route will be used.

The PC for which static route was defined though ISP A I want traffic from that PC to come back via ISP A for that I have made access list matching that system as source and remote location lan ip address. I have applied a route map if that access list matches I set next hop Ip to ISP A at remote location.THis is working fine.

Now if that ISP A link goes down at location it starts using ISP B for that PC and when traffic goes back from HUB router it matches the route-map and packet gets drop.

Is there any way to configure at HUB that if the location link to ISP A goes down it will start the using ISP B.

ALso what is the use of set ip next-hop verify reachability I applied that also but it is not using the next hop defined in the route-map though the next hop is reachable

Thanks,

Hemant

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sharma16031981 Thu, 04/29/2010 - 12:57
User Badges:

Hi,

That is right I am tracking remote location IP address and added verification though the next hop is up but it still sends data via other static route defined in HUB router. Also if I remove that verification it starts using the route-map and next hop get changed. if I again added verification it again started using the static route. Next hop defined in route-map is definetely pinging.

Regards,

Hemant

Laurent Aubert Thu, 04/29/2010 - 13:33
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

Please post a diagram describing your L3 topology (including LAN and WAN ip addressing plan) and the routers configuration.

We will continue from there.

Also did you try to replace your route-map by static routes + tracking object ?

Thanks

Laurent.

sharma16031981 Sat, 05/01/2010 - 15:39
User Badges:

HI laurent,

I am not sharing the actual diagram and configs but I am attaching a basic connectivity and description in  notepad.

Hope that will help you to provide some answer.

Thanks

Hemant

Laurent Aubert Thu, 05/06/2010 - 08:40
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Your issue is still unclear. Let me try to summarize it:

- HO and remote location are both connected to ISP A and B

- ISP B is the primary path

- There is a proxy located on HO which is used by the remote location

- Traffic between the proxy and the remote location must go though ISP A as primary and ISP B as backup.

Issue is when ISP A link on HO failed, traffic is well re-routed on ISP B but stay on ISP B once ISP A is UP again.

Is my understanding correct ?

Laurent.

sharma16031981 Sat, 05/08/2010 - 13:43
User Badges:

Hi Laurent,

you are correct with your understanding , so if you could please help in this

Thanks,

Hemant

Laurent Aubert Mon, 05/10/2010 - 06:54
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Hemant,

In order to help you efficiently, I need the router configuration associated to a detailed topology and the outputs describing the issue.

Thanks

Laurent.

Actions

This Discussion