Views
Helpful
Replies

Route-map and

sharma16031981
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have one hub router X on which my 2 mpls links are terminated. Let say ISP A and ISP 2.

I am running OSPF with ISP A and static routing with ISP B.

at remote location I have single router and both MPLS are connected to same router. NOw I have made
ISP B primary with static routes but from that subnet defined in static route I have given a static route toward ISP A for one host with 32 bit mask. Now that single pc is going through ISP A. but from hub side I have one static route toward ISP B for location lan. I am tracking that with sla so if that static route will fail ospf route will be used.

The PC for which static route was defined though ISP A I want traffic from that PC to come back via ISP A for that I have made access list matching that system as source and remote location lan ip address. I have applied a route map if that access list matches I set next hop Ip to ISP A at remote location.THis is working fine.

Now if that ISP A link goes down at location it starts using ISP B for that PC and when traffic goes back from HUB router it matches the route-map and packet gets drop.

Is there any way to configure at HUB that if the location link to ISP A goes down it will start the using ISP B.

ALso what is the use of set ip next-hop verify reachability I applied that also but it is not using the next hop defined in the route-map though the next hop is reachable

Thanks,

Hemant

8 Replies 8

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hermant,

you can add a tracking option to the next-hop verify reachability feature. Your probe should track your remote location link with ISP-A

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtpbrtrk.html

HTH

Laurent.

Hi,

That is right I am tracking remote location IP address and added verification though the next hop is up but it still sends data via other static route defined in HUB router. Also if I remove that verification it starts using the route-map and next hop get changed. if I again added verification it again started using the static route. Next hop defined in route-map is definetely pinging.

Regards,

Hemant

Hi,

Please post a diagram describing your L3 topology (including LAN and WAN ip addressing plan) and the routers configuration.

We will continue from there.

Also did you try to replace your route-map by static routes + tracking object ?

Thanks

Laurent.

HI laurent,

I am not sharing the actual diagram and configs but I am attaching a basic connectivity and description in  notepad.

Hope that will help you to provide some answer.

Thanks

Hemant

Hello All,

Please if someone can help in this.

Thanks.

Hemant

Your issue is still unclear. Let me try to summarize it:

- HO and remote location are both connected to ISP A and B

- ISP B is the primary path

- There is a proxy located on HO which is used by the remote location

- Traffic between the proxy and the remote location must go though ISP A as primary and ISP B as backup.

Issue is when ISP A link on HO failed, traffic is well re-routed on ISP B but stay on ISP B once ISP A is UP again.

Is my understanding correct ?

Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

you are correct with your understanding , so if you could please help in this

Thanks,

Hemant

Hi Hemant,

In order to help you efficiently, I need the router configuration associated to a detailed topology and the outputs describing the issue.

Thanks

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: