Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 factory default Archive Mgmt Exclude commands

I'm working through LMS 3.2 initial setup and got to configuring device config commands to be ignored for alerting.

I notice that the Archive Mgmt Exclude commands for the Device Category "Routers" has a factory default Exclude list

"end,exec-timeout,length,width,certificate,ntp clock-period"

However, it seems that the "Switches and Hubs" Device Category has no exclude list configured by default, so I'm getting ntp clock-period alerts for my IE3000 switches for example.

Does anyone here have an opinion or reason why I shouldn't copy the default exclude list from the Routers category "end,exec-timeout,length,width,certificate,ntp clock-period" to the Switches and Hubs category?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason the top level Routers group has commands is that most routers run IOS, so those exclude commands are valid for the variety of sub-models.  With switches, you have a wider mix of operating systems.  Instead of copying the exclude commands to Switches and Hubs, copy them to the "Cisco IE 3000 Series Switches" sub-group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason the top level Routers group has commands is that most routers run IOS, so those exclude commands are valid for the variety of sub-models.  With switches, you have a wider mix of operating systems.  Instead of copying the exclude commands to Switches and Hubs, copy them to the "Cisco IE 3000 Series Switches" sub-group.

OK thanks, Joe.

Maybe a factory default candidate for the next release?

Actually, on this subject.  It's quite difficult to show which entries have which settings and therefore which item in the hiearchy is taking prcedence. Would be nice to have a similar kind of system ala the DFM overriding group.

Anyway, until then

is there some config or properties file somewhere where I can see a better overall view? (and maybe reconfigure them)   [fingers crossed]

We have had a bug open on this for some time (CSCsr12119).  The way the excludes work is that the commands closest to the device in question are used.  So, if you have specific model excludes, those would be used instead of the series excludes.

Unfortunately, the excluded commands list is stored in the RME database, and is indexed by MDF ID.  It is not something that is desiged to be manipulated directly.

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco