Tandberg codian MCU+IPVCR+ISDNGW

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2010

Hi Folks,

We have the following setup at DC & DR as show in the attached diag. I have a few technical queries related to how this kind of system should

be setup & made to working. Please input your comments & suggestion on it.

As you can see that we have 2 x MCU, 1 x IPVCR & 1 x ISDNGW at each DC, DR & an additional TMS suite at DC. And 22 sites are connected

to DC & DR with MPLS as of now, as BRI is not yet available for any sites. Presently we have setup the system with basic settings all the Devices & endpoints are assigned IP's. So we are able to make IP-IP calls directly to any endpoint. we can also make conference through any MCU.

1.) Please suggest if instead of Point-Point calls directly from Endpoint should be a good idea or whether to use MCU in between point to point calls.

2.) Presently we dont have any external gatekeeper, we plan to make use of internal gatekeeper, how can we achieve this ?

3.) If for example i divide my sites equally between DC & DR, & while using MCU internal Built-in gatekeeper for registration, how can we use it & integrate it with ISDNGW & IPVCR. Also how can we use prefix scheme, instead of using IP to call endpoint.

I will be very thanksful to anyone who can give their suggestions, comments & support out here & give a overview of how this system should work based on best practices. So that we can proceed to setup this architecture.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content