Place a call then play a prompt to the new call

Answered Question
Apr 29th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

I am starting to developp UCCX script and I need some help to begin.

My objective is to developp a script to place before MeetMe conference.

I ask the caller the Room number which is the MeetMe number --> this step works

Then, I ask him to tell his name. I write this name in a temp file. --> this step works

Then, I would like to transfer the call to the MeetMe number and PLAY THE NAME of the caller. How can I do ? (I can replay the name to the caller by using a prompt FILE[] but I am not able to play the name to others people who are in the MeetMe conference;

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance for you help

Benoit

Correct Answer by Gabriel Saavedra about 7 years 2 months ago

Hi Benoit,

Why do yo need to play the FILE recordedPromptTempName ? If you want to play the name of the person you just need in the Play Prompt of the Place Call step to play the variable nameRecordedDoc, also in the Place Call step properties, please add in the dialog groups the ID of the Cisco Media Termination Dialog Group, you can check this ID in the administration page of the IPCC in Subsystems>Cisco Media. You should have at least one ID (number 0) so that is the dialog group ID that you should add in the Place Call step.

Gabriel.

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 04/29/2010 - 07:17
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

You would need to create a new contact variable, use a Place Call step against that new contact variable followed by the Play Prompt step (again for that new contact), and the Terminate that contact. Once that is complete, you could then use a Call Redirect on the original contact to push them into the conference. Note that the MeetMe bridge will beep twice as technically there are two attendees joining: first the CCX script which leaves after announcing the name and then again when the participant actually joins.

Also, since this question almost always comes up: You cannot start the MeetMe conference from the CCX script. Someone else needs to start it using the MeetMe soft key.

bbernachot Thu, 04/29/2010 - 07:44
User Badges:

Hello,

Firstly thank you very much for your answer. I thought to place a new call as you tell me but I have an error when playing a prompt to the new call.

I started a debug and I attach you the Print Screen. Do you have any idea ?

I used an Accept for that contact, since a play prompt step for that contact and then a terminate. But when I arrive to the play prompt step, I have an error telling com.cisco.dialog.PlayPromptDialog is not supported.

Thanks again for your help

Benoit

Gabriel Saavedra Thu, 04/29/2010 - 09:12
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Benoit,

If you want to play the name of the person to the other call, you should
play the prompt "nameRecordedDoc" in the successful part of the callContact
step.

Gabriel.

Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 04/29/2010 - 09:14
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

The accept step is not necessary. Make sure that the place call and play prompt steps both have the new contact specified within them.

bbernachot Thu, 04/29/2010 - 23:57
User Badges:

Hello,

Thanks for your help but I do not understand why it does not work. I attach you my script if you can have a look (it is a test script on which I do not manage exception ).

Maybe my new contact is not correct, I do not know.

What I know is that my script arrive on the play prompt step for the new contact, I have an error and on phone, I hear "sorry, an error...".

Could you please check my script ?

Have you ever manage to do that ?

Thanks again,

Benoit

Correct Answer
Gabriel Saavedra Fri, 04/30/2010 - 08:17
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Benoit,

Why do yo need to play the FILE recordedPromptTempName ? If you want to play the name of the person you just need in the Play Prompt of the Place Call step to play the variable nameRecordedDoc, also in the Place Call step properties, please add in the dialog groups the ID of the Cisco Media Termination Dialog Group, you can check this ID in the administration page of the IPCC in Subsystems>Cisco Media. You should have at least one ID (number 0) so that is the dialog group ID that you should add in the Place Call step.

Gabriel.

bbernachot Sat, 05/01/2010 - 01:55
User Badges:

Hello,

Thanks all for your help.

I managed by using a play prompt after have a placed a new call. My mistake was not have selected Group ID 0 in the place call for the new contact.

Best regards

Benoit

cfernandezg Mon, 07/23/2012 - 08:55
User Badges:

Hi everyone:

I've tried the steps Benoit did, but I couldn't get the prompt to play. If I make to script to call an IP Phone extension with the Place Call step, it works OK. Using an already created MeetMe extension, it sounds like it connect,but after 2 or 3 seconds the call is dropped and it continues to the next step without error. Debugging I can see it never comes inside the Succesfull branch (of the Place Call step). I suppose Dialog Group it's OK because it works with the IP phone. I'm using UCCX 8.5 and CUCM 8.6. Maybe it's some kind of limitation not to replace a Meeting Place and buying a new one

I've also tried using a prompt with G.711a instead of G.711u, but it's the same.

Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks!!!!

I've setup in the past this type of MeetMe front end in Unity/Unity Connection rather than IPCC.  It's an easy call handler, that you do a "Supervised" transfer from to the MeetMe extension.  In Unity (under supervised transfer options) you can request the caller name, and also prompt the callers in the MeetMe bridge to accept the caller.

Much easier than Using IPCC and creating the scripts etc.

Actions

This Discussion