cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About TelePresence Presentation Codec provides 30 FPS

Jin Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco document said "a Presentation codec allow you to display 30 frames per second for presentations". 

I build up one CTS 1300 with presentation codec for one customer.  Whereas when I present PPT to an external display through presentation codec, I found the rate is 5 FPS in log file, not 30 FPS.

my question is:

How can I adjust the frame rate to 30 FPS?   Any configuration need to be done?     Thanks a lot!

log:

INFO Local share: presentation stream negotiated to 5 FPS

7 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

shashi.putturao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zhang,

Please make sure the other end Telepresence room also has a presentation codec. In order for the presentation to run at 30fps, both the Telepresence rooms (assuming P2P meeting) should have presentation codecs.

Regards,

Shashi

View solution in original post

For successful 30 FPS you should fulfill two conditions.

1. Both end point should have presentation codec.

2. End point should have external display to present presentation, in PIP codec will negotiate presentation at 5 FPS.

Hope it will help you to diagnose the issue.

sdharmar
Level 1
Level 1

Please ensure that the CTS profile (on CCM) for both endpoints have the following configuration in place:

1.  -> None

Reset the respective codec for the change to take effect.

Make sure that Aux Displays are connected at both locations.

Note: Refer the attachement for the configuration details.

Thanks,

Shankar

Updated:

Please ensure that the CTS profile (on CCM) for both endpoints have the following configuration in place:

1.  -> None

2.  -> Check the Presentation Codec

Thanks,

Shankar

Hi,

Condition for 30 FPS is all site should have presentation codec and an external display.

If out of 3 site one site doesnt have presentation codec or an external display then presentation will get negotiated at 5 FPS hence all 3 site will share presentation at 5 FPS.

Hope this information will help you.

Regarding your cable issue, I would like to say Cisco doesnt provide cable with presentation codec or with an external display.

Customer have to buy cable seperately but you can try to get it from Cisco.

Cisco recommends HDMI-DVI cable for an external display.

Cheers,

Harsh

Hi Zhang,

I concur with Harsh. Please find below the snippet from CTS 1.6 release notes (as available on CCO website).

Using External Devices with Your Cisco TelePresence System—Cisco cannot guarantee the
performance of any external device, so Cisco recommends that you choose good quality external devices
to optimize CTS performance.

The CTS works best when suitable devices are attached using good quality cables and connectors. Cisco
does not supply the cable that connects auxiliary devices to the codec.

Thanks,

Shankar

Hi Zhang,

Please find the response inline.

Dear All,

One more question:  Is presentation codec mandatory for external display?

[Shankar] No, it is not mandatory.

For example, I have one external display LCD and CTS1300, without presentation codec.   Can I connect the external display to primary codec directly?  Is it work?

[Shankar] Yes, the external display can be connected to the primary codec. Presentation codec is only needed in case your require 30 fps presentation.

Thank you

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shankar

16 Replies 16

shashi.putturao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zhang,

Please make sure the other end Telepresence room also has a presentation codec. In order for the presentation to run at 30fps, both the Telepresence rooms (assuming P2P meeting) should have presentation codecs.

Regards,

Shashi

Dear Shashi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will double check and find the two sites with both presentation codec ready to test again.  reply you later.

For successful 30 FPS you should fulfill two conditions.

1. Both end point should have presentation codec.

2. End point should have external display to present presentation, in PIP codec will negotiate presentation at 5 FPS.

Hope it will help you to diagnose the issue.

sdharmar
Level 1
Level 1

1.  -> None

Thanks,

Shankar

Updated:

1.  -> None

2.  -> Check the Presentation Codec

Thanks,

Shankar

Dear Harsh and Shankar,

Thanks a lot!

How about the multipoint call? 

If there is con-call with three locations.  The presentation codecs are ready in local location and one remote location.  But there is not presentation codec in the 3rd remote location.   What is the FPS in three sites?

And I have another question.  We ordered Cisco LCD-100-PRO-40N as external display in this case.  But I found that there was no cable(DVI-HDMI or HDMI-HDMI) in the machine list to connect external display to presentation codec.  I want to know if this cable should be bundled in machine list? bundled  in Presentation Codec or bundled in LCD-100-PRO-40N?

Thanks!

Hi,

Condition for 30 FPS is all site should have presentation codec and an external display.

If out of 3 site one site doesnt have presentation codec or an external display then presentation will get negotiated at 5 FPS hence all 3 site will share presentation at 5 FPS.

Hope this information will help you.

Regarding your cable issue, I would like to say Cisco doesnt provide cable with presentation codec or with an external display.

Customer have to buy cable seperately but you can try to get it from Cisco.

Cisco recommends HDMI-DVI cable for an external display.

Cheers,

Harsh

Dear Harsh,

I get it.   Many thanks!

Hi Zhang,

I concur with Harsh. Please find below the snippet from CTS 1.6 release notes (as available on CCO website).

Using External Devices with Your Cisco TelePresence System—Cisco cannot guarantee the
performance of any external device, so Cisco recommends that you choose good quality external devices
to optimize CTS performance.

The CTS works best when suitable devices are attached using good quality cables and connectors. Cisco
does not supply the cable that connects auxiliary devices to the codec.

Thanks,

Shankar

Dear Shankar,

Thank you very much!

Dear All,

For example, I have one external display LCD and CTS1300, without presentation codec.   Can I connect the external display to primary codec directly?  Is it work?

Thank you!

Hi Zhang,

Please find the response inline.

Dear All,

[Shankar] No, it is not mandatory.

[Shankar] Yes, the external display can be connected to the primary codec. Presentation codec is only needed in case your require 30 fps presentation.

Thank you

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shankar

Dear Shankar,

Understand.  Thanks for you answer.

Hi,

I have question here. If suppose I am having an multipoint call and room without the presentation codec drops the call. Will the rest of the rooms upgrade to 30fps or the call will continue with 5fps?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: