Views
Helpful
Replies

cme version

tasdevil555
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just got a 2620xm router with cme 4.0.0.1 installed on it.Brand new to voip.

Despite it hvaing cme 4, when i do

router-2620xm#sh telephony-service

CONFIG (Version=3.3)
=====================
Version 3.3
Cisco CallManager Express

Where is it getting the 3.3 from and why doesnt it say config version 4?

ios ver c2600XM-spservicesk9-mz.124-9.T7

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CME is actually embedded in the IOS code. You want to change the version? You change the IOS.

The CME you actually 'install' is just a few web pages and some phone firmware... so you should only install the 'CME' files that are applicable to your IOS version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Are you sure your router is on that version? Post back a 'show version'...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CME is actually embedded in the IOS code. You want to change the version? You change the IOS.

The CME you actually 'install' is just a few web pages and some phone firmware... so you should only install the 'CME' files that are applicable to your IOS version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Are you sure your router is on that version? Post back a 'show version'...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

tasdevil555
Level 1
Level 1

oh thanks i suspected as much.

ive stuffed up the ios somewhere. i'll reload it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: