cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius login on cisco device

joshiaroon
Level 1
Level 1

we have a strange problem on cisco device. we create cisco device to authenticate using Radius server. The problem is we can login to some router with cisco/cisco username password . i check with LAN guys and they said they did not have any user of that name, also i check the local database of the router and did not find any. Any idea??

4 Replies 4

dmurray14
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the LOCAL aaa authentication method still in your config?

no i do not have local username . i found one default password document. is it due to this? it says the def password for any cisco router and switch is cisco/cisco.

http://www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/default-logins-and-passwords-for-networked-devices.html

rahurao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arun,

The cisco devices do not come with a username and password configured on them. It may be that you might have got a refurbished one or some one have put in a password for the same. Have you checked the RADIUS if it have a account for the same as you sadi that you are authenticating your router with the RADIUS.

Cisco cannot give you default passwords but can help you with resetting the router to factory defaults.

Even when we do a reset to factory  defaults we will not be prompted for a password anyhow.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

we have a strange problem on cisco device. we create cisco device to authenticate using Radius server. The problem is we can login to some router with cisco/cisco username password . i check with LAN guys and they said they did not have any user of that name, also i check the local database of the router and did not find any. Any idea??

Hi,

you can have either local database or authentication using TACAS or radius,if you dont have local database then check whether radius or tacas server is configure,if yes just check the logs of passed authentication in tacas/radius server.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card