cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Directory on SPA504G handset ?

ripcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find how to configure personal directories on a SPA504G.

Under Local Services I have Local Speed Dials & Personal Speed Dials - how do I add entries to this ?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

jeremy.hudgeons
Level 1
Level 1

On my 504G's I am able to add from the menu you referenced on the phone by selecting add. If this is not available have you attempted to go to the web interface by using the phone ip address for the phone and select personal directory?

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For SPA50x Phones

...the  Settings: Directories gives you

• Local Directory - local users + Local Speed dials (see below)
  • Local Speed Dial -- adjusted with CCA Configure Drawer: Voice Features: System Speed Dial (up to 32)
  • Personal Speed Dial  -- adjusted with CCA Configure Drawer: Voice Features: Personal Speed Dial (up to 55)

The new Office manager (in Beta now) also allows the end user admin to use OM to adjust Local and personal speed dials.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I gather that local speed dials are shared across all users/phones, personal speed dials are per user.

As I'm using Extension Mobility how do I configure the Personal Speed Dials so they follow a user. There is no 'fastdials' option under the user profile.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Hi.

Yes,

as you stated is accurate...'local speed dials are shared across all users/phones, personal speed  dials are per user'

CCA 2.2.4 (latest release) doesnt support extension mobility.  But here is the CLI it pushes if that helps you....

Personal Speed Dials CLI are applied to the 'ephone'

speed-dial 1 919193922900 label "RTP Office"

System Speed Dials (CCA for the Local Speed Dial) are pushed to flash as

speeddial.xml

Local Directory entries CLI are placed under Telephony-Service configuration as:

directory entry 2 918008291040 name IRS

I'm not seeing a way to configure Personal Directory or Personal Speed

Dial in the Office Manager Beta.  Only Local.  May this be an option in the next release?

No, its in there already.  But OM wont read a nost NON CCA configured system, and you did mention you have Extension Mobility (Which by the way will be in the Fall Release in CCA).

But OM HELP also shares this...

Local Speed Dials  Menu

A list of frequently called numbers can be created for all phones. These  are called  local speed dials.

• These numbers appear on  all phones under the Local Services > Local  Speed Dial menu in the order that you specify.
  • You can add, edit, or  delete local speed dial entries.
  • A maximum of 32 local  speed dials can be defined.
  • If the list has reached  the maximum number of entries allowed, the Add  Another button is disabled.

To add a local speed-dial number, follow these steps.

1. Click Add or Add Another.
  2. In the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the speed dial to display on the  phone. The name can contain alphanumeric characters, spaces, and dashes.  If the  name you enter is too long to be displayed on the phone, it is shortened  and ". . ."  displays (for example, "This Name is Too Long . . .").
  3. In the Number field, enter the number for the speed dial.
  4. Enter numbers exactly as they are dialed on phones, including access  codes (for  example, 912105551212).

5. Use the Up and Down  arrow buttons to reorder the entries in the list. The speed  dials are listed on the Local Speed Dial menu in the order you specify  here.
  6. To remove a speed-dial  number from the menu, select the entry in the menu, and  click the Delete button.
  7. When you are finished  click Save to apply the changes or click Reset to discard  your changes.

Local Directory  Menu

The numbers you enter on this page are added to the directory entries  for phone  users that are already configured on the system. Directory entries are  listed in  alphabetical order on the phones.

Click Add or Add Another to  add a phone number to the local directory. These  numbers are displayed on all user's phones under the Local  Services > Local  Directory menu.

Enter numbers exactly as they are dialed on phones, including access  codes (for  example, 912105551212).

This is a phone setup through CCA, and the

directions in the OM help apply to local speed dial and directory.  I'm needing to setup Personal

speed dial and directory.

Sorry Mike, My bad.  I misunderstood.

I will ask if thats roadmapped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: