Problems with Guest Access Reports

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2010

Hi Folks,

Our WCS seems to miss a lot of the guest accounts from reports; for instance only a subset of all accounts are mentioned in the guest user sessions report while you can see others in the "currently logged in" screen accessible from the WCS home page. Also there are accounts that have expired some months ago that keep appearring in the current logged in screen as if WCS thinks they are still associted / authenticated.

These anomolies make me mistrust the reports I'm getting from the WCS - any help on how I can resolve these will be appreciated.

I'm running WCS 6.0.132.0 on a WLSE Appliance with 4402s running 6.0.182.0.

Many Thanks,

Scott

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottwilliamson Tue, 05/04/2010 - 08:10

Hi Nael,

The versions I have are earlier than in the bug's "first seen in", are there cases where a bug exists in an earlier version than the one it was first noticed in?

I'll try an upgrade in any case.

Many thanks,

Scott

Lucien Avramov Tue, 05/04/2010 - 10:32

We should first look at your logs to determine if this is a bug.

Usually a bug is not found in earlier versions that ''first found in''.

If we confirm that you hit that issue, then we will have to update the bug.

Try an upgrade if you feel like it or, send the logs with level trace after the problem was reproduced.

-----

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com

scottwilliamson Mon, 05/17/2010 - 09:02

Hi Lucien,

Would you be able to tell me how to produce the logs, please? Or point me to the instructions?

I've also found today that if you do a Guest Associations report

Reports > Report Launch Pad > Guest > Guest Association > Guest Association Report Details

that if I select the wired guest profile I get:

The specified criteria did not match any data for the report.

Modify the following criteria:

1.Report By
2.Report Criteria
3.Reporting Period

But I know for a fact there have been wired guests on the system during the requested reporting period.

Thanks and Regards

Scott

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network