Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.1.1 automate the installation

dmaillard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I already successfull install cupc in my environment on the client WS. I'm using the msi windows package tool to do it.

My question is:

is it possible to automatically give the cups address during the installation to avoid that the users have to do it themself ?

Regards,

Dom.

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In CUPC 7 that information is stored in an XML file on the PC. You could seed this file during a login script perhaps if it doesn't already exist.

Search the form as we've covered this before.

Hi Jonathan,

I have a look at the file uclocal.xml and it contains the account and the cups information. How can I insert that file with my parameter automatically during

the cupc installation ? I just want that the user have to insert the password and nothing else.

Regards,

Dominique

Hi

The uclocal.xml file is a per user config file, it's located in the users' %userprofile%\something\something directory.

This means that you probably don't want to insert it at install time - as at that point you aren't guaranteed that you know who will use that PC (there may be multiple users, and a new user may log on next week). This means you need to deploy the file at logon like so:

1) Check if it exists for the logging in user

2) If not, copy the default file in (before CUPC is launched, or it will auto generate a blank).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi all,

thanks for your replies.