cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 - RDP Plugin - Crashing IE?

BuckmasterC
Level 1
Level 1

Seem to have an issue with 8.2.2 and RDP Plugin. Users connect via the ActiveX RDP plugin (v.2) and between 15 - 30 min there IE browser will close with no error or message. The user then has to relogin via the SSL portal and click the terminal server link again. I have changed all the timeout settings to no limit.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

4 Replies 4

BuckmasterC
Level 1
Level 1

Update (Its not just the RDP Plugin):

When a user is connected via the AnyConnect feature it will randomly close their IE browsers.

Here is the even log error:

The description for Event ID 1001 from source libcsd cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[libcsd][error][asa_opswat_license_is_valid] error getting license data from peer:

I checked the licenses and we have 50 SSL licenses and only a few in use when the error happened.

Same problem using CSD, but different errors. The logs are in reverse order, so i apologize. the sessions last 22 minutes consistently, no matter what you are doing, RDP, HTTP, etc. I've updated CSD and ANYconnect images to the latest, but i'm not running 8.2.2 yet. and the funny thing is i'm not even running nor do i have firefox installed.

FINAL FATAL ENTRY, WITH DISCONNECT 22 MINUTES CONSISTENTLY

The description for Event ID 1001 from source libcsd cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

[libcsd][error][restore_settings_firefox] unable to restore firefox (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles).

FIRST FATAL LOG ENTRY

[libcsd][error][restore_directory] no restore folder exists (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\.backup\Profiles)

MANY OF THESE DURING SESSION...

[libcsd][warn][cert_get_user_certs_prop_list] mozilla certificates not initialized.

UPDATE to this issue. I have upgraded the CSD

image to csd_3.5.1077-k9.pkg and the browser/CSD session now stays up! However, any application you launch within the CSD

times out after a few minutes. The good part is you are still logged in to the CSD session and can just relaunch your app without having to authenticate to the VPN again..

Final update.....The connection to CSD has been up nearly 2 hours with no disconnection. the 1077 code appears to have fixed the problems that existed in the 841 code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: