cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to get a device profile to work on different model phones?

Efrain Berrocal
Level 1
Level 1

I created a device profile for an IP phone 7961.  I'd like the same profile to work on a 7965.  Well...the profile appears to work but it restarts the phone when the user's logs in.  What can I do so the profile works on different models without restarting the phone?  Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for a profile to work on a different ip phone model you need to create a default device profile for all the phones you could use EM and adjust the layout.

In your case that means a default device profile for a 7965

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So you're saying that there's NO way a create a profile that works on various model phones?

Doesn't make sense.  Cisco should work on this.

What is EM?

Thanks for your help!!!

Each profile is binded to a specific phone model, if you mean you want to just create that single profile and use it on every phone model you might have. NO.

There are some equivalence between similar models that allow this to work, but for non-similar phones this is not possible.

Can you use that UDP on ANY other phone model? yes, but you need to create default device profiles in order for this to work.

There is nothing to work on, this is addressed and explained in the documentation:

Overview of Cisco Extension Mobility

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsem.html#wp1146344

I'd recommend you to read the whole doc, part of deploying EM is creating the default device profiles.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: