Views
Helpful
Replies

Mount NSS4000 disk in Linux or Windows PC

juanchilovato
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm trying to create a contingency plan to failure of a NSS4000. I wonder how to view information stored Storage disks on a PC running Linux (or Windows) where the power supply of the equipment is broken so we can continue to operate until replacement equipment arrives

Best regards

2 Replies 2

bfeeny
Level 1
Level 1

I would try to help you, but I don't believe I am understanding correctly what you are trying to do.  Can you try to re-phrase it more clearly?

Dear  bfeeny:

First and foremost, thank you for  responding and your interest in my post and I apologize for my bad  English, but my native language is Spanish

The idea of my contingency plan is in case of failure of the  Storage (eg broken power supply), mount the disks on a PC running Linux,  so as to display the information and be shared by SAMBA decreasing and  the time outside the information service

My current configuration of the NAS includes two 500GB hard  drives in RAID1 (mirror)

Reading the  documentation of NSS4000 i notice that the file system used is XFS. When mounting one of the disks in the PC (using the mount  command and using the XFS tools to form a Linux RAID1) is not possible  to display the information ... If I wanted to  format the disk and use it for something else I think is possible, but  the idea is to recover the information that was stored on the NAS.

I believe that the problem of not seeing the information is for create a share on the NAS, first i must create the RAID and  then a "Volume" and using linux i don't know how to set up the "Volume"  so i can't view the shares and their contents in  Linux.

From already thank you very much

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: