cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure GLBP on an unequal bandwidth, is it possible to configure GLBP with two different pool of ip?

n_rathore
Level 1
Level 1

how to configure GLBP on an unequal bandwidth, is it possible to configure GLBP with two different pool of ip?

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

GLBP provides automatic, first-hop gateway load balancing, which allows for more efficient resource usage and reduced administrative costs. It is an extension of HSRP and specifies a protocol that dynamically assigns responsibility for a virtual IP address and distributes multiple virtual MAC addresses to members of a GLBP group.

For your query what i understand is you want two groups load balancing using GLBP if yes you can configure multiple glbp groups in the local interface for redundancy purpose.

Check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a00807d2520.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

Are you saying that you have 2 routers in the same GLBP group, each router with uplinks with unequal bandwidth and you would like to do unequal loadbalancing with GLBP?

If yes then you can use weight in GLBP.

Francisco

Yes you are wright.

1.   I want to know that i had two ISP WAN link configure on two different cisco router 1800 series i.e 8 Mbps n  2 Mbps, so after GLBP configure  how much speed i get?

2.   I had different WAN IP range for 8 Mb n  2 Mb respectively. So which ISP IP is the virtual IP for GLBP?

3.   Which router will be AVG n which router will be AVF?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card