We are installing Ciscoworks LMS on a Windows Server 2003 which is on a VMware ESX Server 3i Virtual Machine.
After I have installed LMS 3.0 and update to 3.1 it was still working. But after updating to 3.2 the daemon doesn't starts.
If I try to launch LMS threw the prompt command (net start crmdmgtd) I have a message telling: "the service is not responding to the control function."
I have allready installed LMS on a similar server and it worked well...I don't really know what you need to know to helping resolve my problem.
Thanks for your help !
This installation never completed properly. Looks like it was aborted. I thought we might have been able to just re-install the missing Web Service at first, but in this case you should remove LMS, clean the system with the clean_system script (TAC can provide) and properly re-install. Remember to always follow these steps when installing LMS:
* Set your TEMP and TMP environment variables to C:\TEMP (make sure that directory exists, and everyone has full access).
* Disable anti-virus and security software.
* Set Windows Data Execution Protection to be active for essential windows files only.
* Reboot the server.
* Login on the server's console as a local Administrator.
* Install from locally mounted original media.