cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC - Cisco Rules

jpecarski
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed the NAC is not receiving some of the critical windows vulnerabilities in April's Security Bulletin. The latest one I have is MS10-020 but what about 025, 026, and 027? Is there a reason why Cisco does not create the necessary rules for these vulnerabilities? These rules are listed as a critical severity.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

It takes a couple of days for the rules and checks to be updated for the latest. Please check in a couple of days, and if it's still missing we'll take it up with the dev team.

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

These patches were released by Microsoft over three weeks ago. Most customers I support begin patching usually a week afterwards and implement these checks in NAC a week or two after the deployment.

If you can look into this it would be appreciated. I really need to understand under what circumstances does Cisco create a rule for a specific hotfix. I realize they only address critical, but there are some critical patches listed in this thread which have not been addressed.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'll follow up on that and update later on.

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card