cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.0.1 device discovery problem

mdruppe98
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 329 devices in DFM that are "pending", I'm having trouble porgressing any more than that. Please advise.

Thanks,

Mark

7 Replies 7

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing you should do is upgrade to DFM 3.0.5. There are known memory leak problems in earlier versions.

It looks like 3.0.1 is the highest version I can get. I'm running LMS 3.0 and I upgraded to DFM 3.0.1 a few days ago. When I select download updates for DFM it says "no updates available for selected products".

Oh, LMS 3.0. You need to first move to 3.0.1 bundle update and then you can update DFM. You can download bundle update here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301

Ok, great. thanks. Let me try that and then try updating to DFM 3.0.5.

Thanks,

Mark

mdruppe98
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded everything and now I'm at DFM 3.0.5. I imported all the devices but I'm still showing them as learning int the device summary.

How long have you waited for the discovery? Go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete and check at what percentage the devices are stuck in learning. Are all the devices stuck or are some getting discovered?

mdruppe98
Level 1
Level 1

I spoke too soon!!!! They are "known" now. Thanks a million for your help!

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: