We installed an evaluation copy of LMS 3.1
Then we got the lic file.
We tried to convert the copy to licensed, by selecting CS > Server > Admin > Licensing > UPDATE
Everything seems right, no error, but the licensing screen remains showing the evaluation mode.
We tryied several times, and had also the server stopped, but nothing changes.
Is there any other way of applying the lic file to this server?
Thanks a lot.
Try these steps:
1. Go to NMSROOT\etc\licenses. NMSROOT is your LMS install patch, by default C:\Program Files\CSCOpx.
2. Backup and then remove all *.lic files from this directory.
3. Restart the LicenseServer from a DOS window on the server:
4. Place the LMS license file to any directory except NMSROOT\etc\licenses\. Make sure this directory has read permissions for user 'casuser'.
5. Update the license in Common Services --> Server --> Admin --> Licensing. Point it to the license file.
7. Close all browsers.
8. Relaunch CiscoWorks.