Error Logging into Cisco Agent Desktop whilst using Cisco IP Communicator

Unanswered Question
Apr 30th, 2010

Hi there,

I am having an issue whilst using Cisco Agent Desktop Version 7.0.  If I use a cisco IP Communicator ( softphone) i get following message, "Login failed due to a configuration error. Please ask you system administrator to associate your phone with the RM JTAPI Provider user ID according to the instructions in the admin guide".

If user logs in to a normal Cisco phone then logs into agent there are no problems.

Bit of a novice so your help would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 2 (1 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Fri, 04/30/2010 - 07:57

In your AppAdmin pages on UCCX, in the Unified CM Configuration screen, there is an 'RM' user defined.

This will be a user in CCMAdmin 'Application Users', which has all your CCX phones associated to it. UCCX uses this to CTI control the handsets... you need to associate the CIPC phone to that user.

Please rate helpful posts...

barrymcnally Fri, 04/30/2010 - 09:47

Thanks for your reply. I will give that a try when I get back in the office on Tuesday. I did try to associate phone with rmcm user within Call Manager but I had to search for phone and when I added it and reset phone it kept disappearing from Controlled Devices.

thanks again

Aaron Harrison Fri, 04/30/2010 - 09:49

That part of the interface is a bit cack - once you've searched and added, make sure you save the user before going off page...

This Discussion