Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN (AnyConnect) and Customize Preconnect Message

niall-wilkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was able to configure the Start Before Logon message and Preconnect messages but was wondering where the file is located to modify the default message.  It currently displayes the default message "This is a pre-connect reminder message."

Where is the file located to customize or change this?  I read that control is localizable and can be found in the AnyConnect message catalog but cant seem to find this.  Is their something I am missing?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

You can export the template to your local drive and then edit the field shown in the second screen shot or when you export the template fils in the first screenshot you can edit locally and then import it with the change already made.. 

Do not change the msgid  you want to edit the msgstr directly below the msgstr

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dtochilovsky
Level 1
Level 1

This link will help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect22/administration/guide/22adminapa.html

Basically you need to modify the template profile in the folder: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\Profile\AnyConnectProfile.tmpl

HTH and rate if you find useful.

Dmitry.

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

You can export the template to your local drive and then edit the field shown in the second screen shot or when you export the template fils in the first screenshot you can edit locally and then import it with the change already made.. 

Do not change the msgid  you want to edit the msgstr directly below the msgstr

Thanks,

I do however seem to be missing something.  When I go to anyconnect customization I do not see an option for GUI texts and messages.  I only have resoruces, binary and installs.  If their somthing I need to install to have this show up?  I am using ASDM 6.0 (3) and ASA 8.0 (3).

What version of code are you running..?

I am running 

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(1)
Device Manager Version 6.2(5)

AnyConnect 2.4.1012

Upgraded ADSM to 6.2(5) and ecerything is there to make the changes

Thanks

Great.. Good Luck..

Regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: