Replacing jtapi provider

Answered Question
Apr 30th, 2010
User Badges:

Just wanted to replace an existing jtapi provider IP address with a new one. This is the 2nd IP after the comma (,) that I want to replace. I'm not sure what's going to happen after putting the new IP address and hitting the "Update" button. Never done that before.

Are there any things that I need to be aware of before doing this? Could you please share your experience? Thanks in advance.

-Kevin

Correct Answer by Phuong Hoai Huynh about 7 years 2 months ago

No it will not, your jtapi user wil remain the same.

Correct Answer by William Bell about 7 years 2 months ago

Hoai is dead on here (+5 Mr. Huynh). Just to add a little extra note, you will need to restart the CRS Engine. So, definitely do this after hours.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Phuong Hoai Huynh Sat, 05/01/2010 - 06:52
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Since you meantion adding in a secondary address with a , I assume your using CRS 4.x.

Upon hitting the update button, it will prompt you for the Call Manager Administrator username/password and thats it.

In terms of affect, it shouldn't impact anything but just to be on the safe side do it after hours.

Nothing really special about it, as its not really creating additional ports.

Correct Answer
William Bell Sat, 05/01/2010 - 07:15
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Hoai is dead on here (+5 Mr. Huynh). Just to add a little extra note, you will need to restart the CRS Engine. So, definitely do this after hours.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

ktran-anet Mon, 05/03/2010 - 10:34
User Badges:

Hey Bill,

Did you mean restarting the Node Manager on all nodes or just the CRS Engine nodes?

ktran-anet Mon, 05/03/2010 - 10:18
User Badges:

You're right about my CCX version. I assume the User Prefix (under the JTAPI>JTAPI Provider) and the User ID (under the RmCm>RM JTAPI Provider) will not be affected after the IP address at those places got replaced. Just wanted to confirm.

Correct Answer
Phuong Hoai Huynh Mon, 05/03/2010 - 15:36
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

No it will not, your jtapi user wil remain the same.

Actions

This Discussion