cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster recovery of a Publisher - new licenses needed ?

andyhibbert
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like I'm going to need to rebuild a Publisher (CUCM 7.1) on to new hardware. The current server has intermittent problems.

Will I need new license files as the replacement server will have a new Ethernet MAC address ?

Will the restored Publisher work until any new license files are loaded ?

Where would I get the new license files ? Is this via my reseller or direct from Cisco ?

Many thanks

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

1>     If you are going to restore your Publisher onto new hardware, then yes, you will require new license files.

2>     The new Publisher will be running Demo License which will not cater to a production environment.

3>     To get the new license files, you can open a TAC case with the licensing team and request for the new license files.If your reseller has also provided you with a valid support contract, you should be able to open that case, else you can request the reseller to and they should ideally be able to do it for you.

HTH.

--

Harmit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

1>     If you are going to restore your Publisher onto new hardware, then yes, you will require new license files.

2>     The new Publisher will be running Demo License which will not cater to a production environment.

3>     To get the new license files, you can open a TAC case with the licensing team and request for the new license files.If your reseller has also provided you with a valid support contract, you should be able to open that case, else you can request the reseller to and they should ideally be able to do it for you.

HTH.

--

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: