Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use the SPA525G with Outlook without UC500 or SP9000

alexander_groh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does anybody know how to use the SPA525G in combination with MS Outlook without a UC500 or SP9000 ?

I just want to dial out of my Outlook contacts because it is much easier then using the SPA525 contacts.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alexander

I'm afraid that you'd need the Call Connector Software along with an UC500 in order to achieve that functionality. Additionally, a 3rd party company named Ctrl It, Inc. has developed a software (Call Ctrl) to achieve that functionality using the SPA9000 instead, more info is available here:

http://www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl

Thanks!

-nacho

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I tryed the software Version 1.1 and also worked with the support, but we were not able to use the SPA525G :-(

I am not able to do or answer a call.

I just want to dial the SPA525G with my computer, because the own adressbook is not very fast to use.

Has anybody an other idea ?

Thank you

Alexander,

You were one of our first Call Ctrl downloader and you have been hurting for a solution. I appreciate your perseverance and know your pain (this is why we wrote Call Ctrl).

The only solution you will find outside Call Ctrl is if your VoIP hosting provider offers some sort of Click-to-Dial or Outlook integration for their environment. Many of them have their own proprietary solutions to fill this gap.

I have been working with Cisco starting just this month to get your SPA525G and other SPA IP Phones supported in a standalone environment w/o the SPA9000. Call Ctrl is the only solution that actually uses the phones API directly and does things that the hosting providers will not and will work with all hosted phones and other IP PBX when support becomes available.

We have been doing everything we can to get this supported ASAP. l try to get you a more definitive date when support will be available on the firmware.

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

Hi Steve,

thank you very much again for your help and that you want to keep me updated with news.

Alex Groh

Call Ctrl 1.1 is now supported when used with any SPA Phone regarless of the PBX or service. This includes SIP-compliant PBX's such as Asterisk or hosted phone services such as RingCentral.

To utilize Call Ctrl when used outside the SPA9000 enviornment perform the following steps:

1. Access the following from the SPA Phone Admin: SIP Tab/Linksys Key System Parameters/Linksys Key System: yes

2. Your phone should reboot.

3. Configure Call Ctrl by running the Settings Wizard. Make sure you you say NO when asked if you use the SPA9000.

www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl

Steve Wofford

Hi!

You can try: http://sourceforge.net/projects/siptapi/

we have a hostet PBX and it works very well.

br Bernhard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: