Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Upgrade issue (admin account's)

We recently rebuilt out LMS 2.6 server. Since that time the default admin account is no longer working properly. LMS is say I do not have permission to look at any thing on the network. I have stopped and started the services quite a bit still nothing is helping.

C-

6 Replies 6

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10
1.Stop the Daemon Manager:
net stop crmdmgtd.
/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

2.Go to the file containing the admin password:
Windows: C:\Program
Files\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\cwpass
Solaris: /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/cwpass

3.Go to the original admin password file:
Windows: C:\Program
Files\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\orig\cwpass.
Solaris: /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/orig/cwpass

4.Rename the cwpass file in step 2 cwpass.old.

5.Copy the cwpass in step 3 to step 2.

Or you just can just copy the line from the
orig\cwpass that refers to the admin user and password and paste it in your
cwpass file. That way only the admin password will be changed.
6.Restart the Daemon Manager: net start crmdmgtd /etc/init.d/dmgtd start.

7.Relaunch CiscoWorks and enter admin for the username and admin for the password.

You can also run the "resetpasswd" from NMSROOT\bin directory. The syntax usage is "resetpasswd -f admin" which will change the CiscoWorks user "admin". This command can only be run with the daemon manager shutdown. Note : NMSROOT is the installation location of the CiscoWorks directory such "/opt/CSCOpx or C:\Program Files\CSCOpx" .

I have implemented both methods, (seperately) still I am getting the following statement when I run RME (resource manager essentials) You are not authorized to view the detail.

1. Is this integrated with ACS ?

2. What is the user ID listed under Common Services ---> Server ---> Security ---> System Identity ?

Typically you get this error if you have ACS integration or the System Identity user id has been changed.

System is set up for single server user mode. AAA mode was set to local mode. Clicked on it again and ran the following command net stop crmdmgtd  -   net start crmdmgtd...

Post screen shot of any errors you are getting . When you rebuilt the server, how did you install LMS ? Was it from the original media ? Post the CiscoWorks_install logs which are located under C:\ .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: