Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete call type

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am note able to delete call type in configuration manager of ICM, i'm getting the following error:

The call Type cannot be deleted because it is referenced by a script

i have used the search tool of the script editor to see if it is used by any script, but was not able to find any.

Any advise?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

1. Go into Config Manager, Deleted Objects - any scripts there? If so, permanently delete all scripts. Find in the Script Editor only searches active scripts.

2. Use the Config Manager tool Script Reference and cross check the call type references using that tool. You may have it in an inactive script. If so, delete all those old copies and then permanently delete them.

3. Try again.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

1. Go into Config Manager, Deleted Objects - any scripts there? If so, permanently delete all scripts. Find in the Script Editor only searches active scripts.

2. Use the Config Manager tool Script Reference and cross check the call type references using that tool. You may have it in an inactive script. If so, delete all those old copies and then permanently delete them.

3. Try again.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, straight to the point as usual

hari chandran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have a request for deleting some set of flows as that is no longer required, we are planning to delete Call Types, Skill Groups, DNs along with Scripts. 

Will that cause any data missing when we pull Historical report fr the same?

Please advise

Hi Hari, 

you won't be able to pull the report from CUIC if you permanently delete it from Miscellaneous Tools>> Deleted Objects. 

if you just delete (call types, Skill groups or DN's) , you are still able to get historical reports from CUIC since the value list (collection) still hold these deleted items. but if you do the permanent delete from deleted objects, you will not be able to get the reports from CUIC and you may need to run from ICM DB based on the skill target ID/ Call type ID , Dial number ID ( the primary key of the each table) to get the historical records. 

I hope it helps you... 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: