IBNS with two groups of XP Machines, one PEAP-MSCHAPv2 & one EAP-TLS

Unanswered Question
May 2nd, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

I'm planning to implement a IBNS network. We have two groups of XP Machines. One group has machine certs and we're planning to check their certs using EAP-TLS. The second group of machines is managed by other departments, each having their own Active Directory, and configured with PEAP-MSCHAPv2. I'm not very familiar with this kind of setup, so hints are highly appreciated.

1. Can I assume that, when properly configured, we can differentiate the authorizations per group (for exemple, at least two VLANs one for group 1 and another one for group 2 - I must at least seggregate the users per group and can't mix them in the same environment, since they belong two different departments).

2. For the first group, no big issue. I can check against my central AD. For the users of the second group, since they can come from different departments, each having its own AD, can I differentiate them, by any means, to know which AD I'll have to query? Or do I have to query only one single AD? Is it required that all the users of group 2 belong to the same domain?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content